Center of Excellence for Geospatial Information Science (CEGIS)
Home About Us
The mission of CEGIS is to:
- Provide leadership to identify, conduct, and collaborate on GIScience research issues of national importance
- Provide timely, efficient, and intelligent access to new and archived USGS geographic data needed to conduct science and support policy decisions.
- Develop innovative methods of modeling and information synthesis, fusion, and visualization to improve our ability to explore geographic data and create new knowledge.
- Develop credible and accessible geographic research, tools, and methods to support decision making related to the human and environmental consequences of land change.
- Assess, influence, and recommend for implementation technological innovations for geospatial data and applications.
- Maintain world class expertise, leadership, and a body of knowledge in support of the NSDI.
A Research Agenda
for Geographic Information
Science at the
CEGIS 2007 Prospectus Proposals
Elevation Derivatives for National Applications
CEGIS: Past and Present
CEGIS Conference Proceedings Holdings on CD